Saturday 27 April 2013

Funky Fabric

I simply HAVE to show off this gorgeous fabric bundle that arrived earlier this week! I first found the bundle on Emma's Fabric Studio but was gutted to find that it had sold out. After finding out who designed the fabric, which is flannel/brushed cotton, I scoured the internet to try and find some more. Alas, it seemed that no-one was selling these fabrics any longer.





Luckily, I came across Emma's Facebook page and asked if she had any remnants left that I could purchase. She managed to find some of every fabric and so happily sorted out a little bundle for me. So so happy! I fell in love with these designs from the moment I saw them. The bundle is a mixture of fabrics in flannel/brushed cotton from the Riley Blake Designs 'Be Merry' and 'Colourful Christmas' collections.

The colours are so vibrant and funky, I thought they would be perfect for a lap-sized rag quilt. So watch this  space as coming up over the next few weeks, I'll be posting as I make my first project; a Christmas rag quilt.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. It is fabulous fabric, isn't it? Lucky you to find some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be drawn to most of the Riley Blake designs. GAH! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete